Thursday 17 May 2007

Hopping Mad

Ooooohhhhhh! I am fit to burst. Two weeks ago I put in an order for my Flutterbys project that I want to make for my parents. It was dispatched the day I ordered it and I have been waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Today I received a letter informing me that my parcel is being held subject to payment of charges raised by HM Revenue & Customs. These charges amount to 40 per cent of what I paid for the materials. I've never had this before with goods I've bought abroad, has anyone else?

And the biggest INSULT of all is that 8 UKP of the charge is Parcelforce Clearance Fee. I've already paid them 25.90 USD to deliver the parcel and now they have kidnapped my parcel and are demanding a ransom for it's release. Insert a rude word of your choosing here.

1 comment:

Colour Your Life said...

Its happed to a few people l know but even though am in the uk l buy everything in the us as its so much cheaper but what l ask them to put on the label and l do the same going the other way is gift or craft £10 or $19 and have been doing that for years and years and have never have had one opened and if they won't put it on the label as l ask before l order l won't give them the order and that normally seals the order, hope it helps but never send seeds or pou pourie to the us or anything smelly as they open them and even if its in a art dolls tummy it was found from a friend of mine, must have dogs,or they have a good sense of smell,