Wednesday 3 June 2009

More is less

I always look forward to the longer days, thinking that more hours of daylight will afford me more stitching time. In fact, the opposite is more often the case, the main reasons being my garden and a partner who cannot bear to be indoors while the sun is shining. Phase II of the Japanese bead embroidery is claiming the lion's share what stitching time I do have - I seem to be suffering from a bad dose of bead lust! Bead embroidery is sloooooooow and at the moment, one photograph is not very different from the last.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

A discussion on the Embroiderer’s Guild forum about making stumpwork into a book reminded me of this little book that I made at a workshop with Heath Power in 2004.


The fan-folds on the bound edge allow expansion room between the pages. Great for embroidery with a raised surface.


Happy Stitching

6 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

I like the update pics -- I thought you had gotten very far since the last post but I know how long it all takes...

I'm curious about the beads - -they look like they're rough cut, and silver? -- I'm currently on the hunt to find some substitutions to recreate the button I just posted about on my blog...

any idea what your beads are?

Anonymous said...

Hi Looking amazing you might have it finised for August then ??
If it helps it is going to rain this weekend oh dear I can hear you say LOL Sue XX

Anonymous said...

the bead embroidery is beautiful, lovely movement.

nela said...

Guaooo que cosas tan maravillosas posee este blog,,, felicitaciones

MeganH said...

Just saw
http://www.stitchamaze.com/pieces-in-work/japanesebeading.aspx

and wanted to point it out to you :-)

Jerusha said...

I got here from one of Elmsley's pages (the database exactly).

I'm interested in that book that you made. Are there directions anywhere?