Tuesday 25 August 2009

Honeymoon - day 4, continued

In the morning we would have a little time to explore the streets around our hotel and see a less touristy side of Paris but this evening was effectively the end of our visit and we wanted to do something special. We reserved a table with Bateaux Parisiens for dinner and an evening cruise on the River Seine.


From the moment we were greeted and shown to our table, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Every option on the menu was a temptation and the dishes we selected were beautifully prepared and presented. A singer and three musicians provided musical accompaniment during the meal and dance music at the end of the cruise. As the evening slowly gave way to darkness and Paris is illuminated, the River is the most romantic setting imaginable.


The cruise departs from its moorings just below La Tour Eiffel and sails through the city towards Notre Dame, then passes on the other side of the island to begin the return journey. Before docking we passed by the Île des Cygnes to view the Statue de la Liberté and La Tour Eiffel. The cruise lasts approximately 2 ½ hours but it is sedate and unhurried.

As we walked back to our hotel, we paused to watch the Tower’s glimmering light show - a spectacular finale to the evening.


Merci et au revoir, Paris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Paris honeymoon with everyone. I love Paris, and I adore your needlework. I am a hidden member of stitching fingers, but alas I haven't done much stitching this year. Congratulations on the love of your life and a great vacation!

Susan Elliott said...

Wonderful!!! I have never been on a boat ride at night but I imagine it was incredibly romantic and very very beautiful. And you look RADIANT!

Penny said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog.
Congratulations on your wedding and your honeymoon in Paris has shown me a few things that we should do on our few days there in October. Any hints?
I am afraid my stitching fingers has been on hold for a while, although I do still stitch. No I dont think I will drop dead in the forseeable future!!

Hideko Ishida said...

You must have been a happy princess while your honeymoon in Paris!! You look so.