Tuesday 8 December 2009

Cord #6

Cord #6 is another "imitation wicker" cord worked in the same green as cord #1 but this time in flat silk. I worked the foundation stitches at a slightly steeper angle this time.

The second step of this technique is to superimpose alternating left diagonal and right diagonal stitches on top of the foundation with #1 gold. Each stitch covers the end of the preceding stitch giving a chevron effect.

I worked this technique before on Suehiro but that was nearly 3 years ago. I had to read the text book to remind myself how it should be done and it took me a while to figure out the correct length and angle of the stitches. The first couple of stitches went well but then the spacing went awry.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

After a couple more attempts the spacing is better.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The little I have done so far looks right but I don't feel I have 'got' this technique yet. I am having to think hard about each stitch.

Happy Stitching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog.... what an interesting project you are working on. I will have to ckeck back and see your progress. You can see my projects at my blog http://stitchlady.wordpress.com