Wednesday 20 January 2010

A Belly Full of Scales

I am having so much fun with this little project. Actually, it is not such a little project and I wish that I had kept a record of time spent on him; I think it is running to a considerable number of hours already.

The body is covered in scales. There are two types of scale on his back and a third kind on his belly.


The scales are essentially the same; they all have an ‘anchor’ bead in ‘V’ between preceding scales that is surrounded by 3 rows of seed beads. The scales are worked in rows either side of the back fin, down the sides and under his belly, meeting up at the bottom centre.


As much as I am enjoying this, I was getting a little bored of scales in the end and am pleased to have finished them so that I can move onto his face.

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

This guy is SO much fun!! I'm glad you're enjoying him...or her...which will it be...

Sue said...

It is yummy can't wait to see it finished and then he can join S Edward and JJ Edward :-))

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

As I follow your progress, I want to dig out my own kit plus the one for Lenny the Loanshark, a coin purse. On the other hand your beautiful work makes the prospect a bit daunting.