Saturday 5 March 2011

A Cloche Hat

I took it into my head that I wanted a crochet cloche hat. I learnt to crochet at a young age and for some time it was my craft of choice but I mostly crocheted squares for cushion covers or lap blankets. It has been since I did any crochet and my memory which stitch was a little vague so I looked them up on the internet. However, how to hold the hook, loop the thread and pull through all came flooding back to me as soon as I picked up the hook. It is as if the hands have their own memory and when you practice a movement or action over and over, they never forget it.

The pattern I choose was quite simple and I was able to finish the hat in a couple of evenings.



Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I had one of these! My Mam crocheted one for me when I was small. I thought I was the bee's knees and the cat's whiskers...

Angela said...

It's lovely! :)

Sue said...

Crochet!!! Lovely Sue X