Saturday 5 March 2011

... or Two ...

This is another stop/start travelling page made for the swap on the Embroiderer’s Guild forum.


I began this one at a Flower Pounding workshop with Linda Rudkin.


The component parts were made at the workshop but it waited some time to be assembled into a finished design.


Although I had attached the individual flowers with beads, I felt that it was lacking embroidery so added the word Hydrangea in stem stitch.


I think that this is one of the prettiest Travelling Pages I have made thus far.


Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Rachel said...

"Flower Pounding"? Sounds intriguing!
And yes, it's a delightful page..

Susan Elliott said...

Oh I AGREE!!!! This is LOVELY! Plus, the layout is perfectly composed...wonderful job!

Radka said...

I know this! Hapazome! I had a go at this technique a year ago, you might want to see it it on my blog:)