Saturday 15 September 2012

Lost and Found

Recently I was searching for a book at my parent’s home. I didn’t find the book but a came across two embroiderers that I had done in my late teens and thought that I had disposed of long ago.

© Erica Wilson/Carol-Anne Conway

Both designs came in a kit – I think that they were part of a series. My intention, I recall, was to mount them onto chip board and hang them on my bedroom wall. The racoon got mounted but the fawn never did so they never went on display. I think that I was a little disappointed in them, especially the fawn which I think I stitched first. This may account for why I never finished them.

© Erica Wilson/Carol-Anne Conway

I have now donated them to a local charity shop. Perhaps some little girl will like them enough to hang them on her bedroom wall!

Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Rachel said...

They are charming - I'm sure there will be a little girl who will love them!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

They're cute, and that's a really good idea to donate them to a shop, the charity will make a few cents off them and some child will love them.

D1-D2 said...

I actually like the fawn. I'm sure the person who will get these will love them.

Karla Hartzog said...

I have the patterns for these somewhere! I recognized the fawn right off. I think they were offered by McCall's Magazine.

Anonymous said...

I think they are absolutely adorable, I wouldn't have given them away that's for sure. I love both of them equally. They are very nicely stitched and lovely to look at. I wish I could make them, I would love to have the pattern.