Friday 19 October 2012

Figure Eight Interlacing

The next stitch, taking them in order of the lessons, would have been Plaited Braid Stitch but I want to leave that to last. Figure Eight Interlacing looked a little complex at first glance but once I had read through the instructions a couple of times I realised that it was fairly straight forward. The instructions warn that the loops have a tendency to sit up and I found this to be the case.

Figure Eight Interlacing
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

As with some of the other interlaced stitched, I was not able to make the loops a consistent size. I guess these things come with practice and cannot be mastered in a short length on a sampler!

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

MeganH said...

I'm trying to think of the right word. As in, "Wow, you are just **** through these stitches". **** = murdering? That doesn't sound right. "plunging through" ? (It's kind of a pun too).
Re PBS - fear not. Mary Corbet's ebook is excellent, I hear, tho it's on cotton/silk thread not gold. Kimberley is expert on all things metal for PBS, a lot of which I put in my blog after picking her brain something chronic!
Keep up the brilliant work, and any thoughts of putting some of the stitches on your casket?

Rachel said...

I found Tricia's instructions for PBS very clear, so fear not! You've been doing so well with all the others I'm sure it will be fine!