Monday 5 November 2012

Bird Thimble Holder

I’m not doing so much stitching in the evenings at the moment but I do have a small project that I have been working on. When I say small, I am referring to its dimensions. In terms of work and hours I don’t think it counts as a 'small' project!

I really must stop surfing the web because I keep finding irresistible online classes like this Bird Thimble Holder by The Essamplaire. The kit arrived several weeks ago but the first lesson was not published until mid-September, just two days before I left for a week’s holiday in Portugal. Although I took it with me, I did nothing while I was away. When I returned home I was very keen to get started.

© The Essamplaire/Carol-Anne Conway

The first step was to make the body form. This is made from two pieces of linen stitched together and stuffed with wadding. The instructions said to make the body a firm as possible.

© The Essamplaire/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm a sucker for sewing accessories. This one is cute. I look forward to seeing the rest of your posts about this little birdie.

Rachel said...

Heavens, yes! The wonderful thing about the web is all the interesting stuff out there, and the dreadful thing about the web is all the interesting stuff to look at when I could be stitching...

I'm intrigued, though. Looking forward to seeing this one grow..

charlotte2 said...

I'm on this course as well. I will see if I can keep up.