Tuesday 4 March 2014

Smalls Exchange

My Nan used to call her undergarments 'smalls'. I can assure you that this post has nothing to do with swapping knickers!

On a different on-line community that is related to an on-line course I am doing, I took part in an exchange of small embroidered, or embroidery related items.

I made a beaded needle case to give to my swap partner. I have done quite a bit of bead embroidery and done some other bead work but I have not beaded around a form in this way before. I used a pattern from "Beaded Needle Cases" by Carol Andres and Helen E Payne. I had to alter the pattern slightly because I used and different size needle case and different size beads from those stated.

© Carol Andres and Helen E Payne/Carol-Anne Conway

I made two or three false starts while I tried to work out how many beads fitted around the wooden form and how tight my tension should be. I must have made a slight error somewhere in my pattern because things did not fit exactly as I had expected.

© Carol Andres and Helen E Payne/Carol-Anne Conway

All-in-all this was a fun project once I got over the frustration of a few false starts.

Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Wendy said...

how pretty! Beading round a form is a real skill!

D1-D2 said...

It's so cute! I'm so jealous of your swap partner. Getting such a pretty needle case.

Unknown said...

This is lovely ,I like the colors

Rachel said...

It's lovely - I'm sure your swap partner will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of that book and just can't seem to find it anywhere. Love how your needle case turned out, luck swap partner.